This meal could be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its quick and easy, and requires very little attention so you can spend time getting lots of other things done. Here is what you are going to need:
polenta (I like to use the prepackaged polenta that comes in a tube for easy prep)
1 sweet potato
olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste
flax seed (if you've got it handy, but not essential)
Follow these steps:
1. Set oven to 375 and line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up
2. Slice the polenta into 1/2 thick rounds, brush them with olive oil and lay onto baking sheet
3. Slice the sweet potato into thick wedges or fry shapes, also brush with olive oil and lay onto baking sheet
3a. Seasoning - use whatever you want! Salt & pepper are all you really need. If you like some heat add some red pepper flake or cayenne. Garlic or cumin?
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip everything over, and bake another 15. Turn off oven leaving pan inside
5. Slice avocado.
6. Assemble: I like to put a few slices of polenta in the bottom, add sweet potatoes and put the avocado on top. Sprinkle with flax seed.